The title of this blog is a little too applicable to my life right now. Ever since I arrived home I have been probably the laziest person on the face of the planet. I won't tell you what time I've been going to bed, but I've been waking up around noon and then wasting time all day. (Okay, well not completely wasting time. I did learn the scientific name for a humpback whale (Megaptera Novaeangliae--I know it's not common knowledge =P. Don't judge.) and read a book and started three more with a little violin practice on the side). Oh! And I went jogging for over two miles the other day, something of which I am very proud (I'm a terrible runner, k? Don't judge c(= I honestly have probably never run that far in my life without walking in between). Due to my mom's persistence and none of my own, I have been applying to multiple local jobs around Chapel Hill. One of them looked promising, so if I'm lucky I'll have something more to do with my life soon. The point is that all of this accounts for maybe a third of the time I've had this week. So what happened to the rest of it?
What I have come to realize is that being busy is a blessing. When I'm busy I always tell myself all the things I would do if I had spare time (I should make a list) and then when it comes my way I do hardly any of them, to my shame. If I don't have lots of things occupying my time for me I have to find things that will. I have learned that the most important thing a person can do to make herself productive is to wake up in the morning. Yep--that's right. You have to wake up during the summer, even when there is nothing scheduled. That means going to sleep too. Because face it, when you wake up at noon there hardly seems a point in getting completely ready if you aren't even going to do anything? And who wants to do anything if they aren't presentable? And then what else is there to do but fudge around and waste time and be a couch potato? Are you seeing the problem here? It's totally a self fulfilling prophecy. And then I have the nerve to stay up late doing nothing and bring the same fate upon myself the next day too (What I didn't mention before is that my little jogging spree took place after ten at night. Goodness gracious, where has my self control gone?) Waking up early makes soooo many more hours in the day! And then you have to fill them, and that's when the new found productivity comes in. So my goal for tomorrow is to wake up at eight. Not exactly monumental, but that's about four hours earlier than I've been doing. When I got home from California I never really got off California time. I am embarrassed to admit that I still have my suitcases splattered on my floor, waiting to rearrange my closet--something I've had enough time to do about three times over by now but haven't gotten around to. I'm out of excuses. Time to set the dreaded alarm clock. Or phone. My alarm clock is packed away in Utah along with all my other possessions that are not strewn about my bedroom floor. Tomorrow, that (the clutter, not the storage part) is going to change. Hello life.
No comments:
Post a Comment