I usually like to flatter myself that I am not an easily upset person, but there is one thing that consistently makes me very, very upset. Like right now. When my plans with my friends are disrupted. Not the little things, like just an afternoon hangout or trip to the mall, but the times when I get to see my friends who live a ways away. The friends I only get to see every few months, especially when I haven't seen them since the beginning of winter semester and I don't know when the next time I see them will be. That's right now. And I'm ticked.
It's a funny thing about plans. Everyone else knows that when one is talking about coming home from a camping trip one has to add at least an hour or two onto the estimated time of arrival because nothing EVER goes according to schedule. Especially with my family. Goodness gracious. We compromised. I wanted to be in Greensboro early and we were supposed to arrive at 5:30. They said they would try to be back by 5, making an arrival time of 6. Well, it's 6:30 now and they aren't back yet and people are going to be LEAVING my aunt's house soon. This is why I am upset. I try not to think about how much I would rather be in Provo right now, but to be honest, this was the big thing I've been looking forward to about coming home, so let's just cancel it right now and have it done with. Who needs friends, anyhow. Someday I will learn better than to write publicly while I'm mad. Until then...you should probably just ignore this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment